Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ramblings of Mr Nut

Hello loyal follower(s)

     Here I am popping nerve pain pills (heavy dosages) and counting the days until I will see the surgeon about my back problem (44 days after today).  The pain pills did have one positive side affect. While visiting our daughter Susan in Dublin CA I seemed to have  come in contact with Poison Oak and broke out below the knees.  There was no itching, pain or any other symptoms.  But I digress, back to  the main point of this blog: TUNA SALAD.
        Recently, I was making warm tuna sandwiches for lunch using my recipe from the blog of May 30, 2011.  I was  embarrassed at the title  of the recipe and the fact that there was no mention of making sandwiches from the tuna salad.  NO RED BLOODED  AMERICAN MALE would be caught  dead eating tuna salad (or egg salad for that matter) off of a lettuce leaf.  Well, maybe except for a man who would eat quiche. Therefore I went back to the May 30th blog and edited to reflect SANDWICHES.  That is why this blog is called Misadventures of Mr Nut.
     An observation about an extra tuna sandwiches saved in the refrigerator, I was going to heat it up an  and decided to just unwrap it and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, it worked fine.  Next time I make warm tuna sandwiches I will do one in the microwave wrapped in plastic wrap and one unwrapped and one in aluminum foil in the countertop oven to see which will be better.



My biking buddy, Jim Kemp from Logan UT has arrived for the rest of the winter (think Snowbird).  We ventured only around St George this time but we  had a great time.  Biking and walking helps me with pain avoidance.










We stopped to have a treat near the end of our about eight mile bike ride in a new park.  It was so new it was not open to the public yet, so it lacked tables and benches.  The sun felt so good as it always does during the winter.










We stopped a woman  walking to take our picture at the end of our bike ride just to demonstrate how fit we are except for sore butts.   Next week we will be more adventurous.









MR NUT'S SPECIAL PIZZA DINNER -- Mr Nut  presiding.



Last night John and Carolyn Matthews came to our home to experience Mr Nut GREAT pizza followed by cut throat games of Sequence.  Cyndy provided a large Green salad to complement the pizza. The ladies won two out of three but it was an unfair match because both John an I were on pain pill for various ailments.







Today I am going to make  Crunchy Nut Coleslaw (blog of June 5, 2011)  for our 22+ pound turkey dinner for tomorrow.  But first Cyndy and I are going to bike to Taco Time for lunch and then on to Walmart to pickup a few items for tomorrows dinner. It should be about a seven mile ride.

À bientôt

Mr Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment