Wednesday, January 18, 2012

correction of Cajon Sloppy joe recipe, etc.

Hello loyal follower(s)

Well, I did it again:  Moved too fast without thinking things out first.  In yesterday's blog I discussed making Cajon seasoning from scratch instead of using commercial Cajon seasoning.  The problem was that commercial Cajon seasoning contains a higher percentage of salt that the one I developed.  The result was that one tablespoon of my Cajon seasoning contained more of the HOT stuff than the commercial seasoning. Therefore, I have modified yesterday's Sloppy Joe recipe to be 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cajon seasoning from my recipe instead of the original 1 tablespoon,

But not all my goofs turn out badly.   Tonight I made scalloped potatoes for dinner.  While  making the sort of  "white sauce", Cyndy was concerned that I had not thickened the sauce first like she always did (and her mother before her and possibly her grandmother).   But the end result was the same, and also good. Conclusion: final thickening of white sauce was a waste of time.

There was good  news on the medical front today relative to my diabetes.  My A1c score was 5.6%  where anything under 5.7% is fantastic.  The A1c is a measure of  blood glucose over a period of three month, there is more to it than just that, but is beyond my understanding.  The average blood glucose was 114 which is also good.  I have no idea how they arrive at that number  By comparison, when I went into the emergency room on September 18, 2011 my A1c reading was 11.9% and the average blood glucose was 295, way too high.  A1c score of 6.5% or greater is an indication of  diabetes.  A score  of 5.7 to 6.4% indicate an increased risk of developing diabetes. So at 5.6% do I still have diabetes?  Answer is YES since my score is based on my insulin injections and diabetes pills, but it is a good sign. For your information a non diabetic's blood glucose reading will be between 65 and 99.

Yesterday my biking buddy and I biked about 12 miles on a loop along and across the Virgin river, but I only have one picture.




My  friend, Jim Kemp and I just enjoy the the exposure to the sun during January.

This scene is about three miles east of my home.


Well, that is  more than enough.


À bientôt,

Mr Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment