Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quaker Oats Honey Bread revisited

Hello loyal follower(s),

     Today has been a laid back day as we both count down to the date of my Dr's appointment in San Francisco on Feb 20, 2012.  It seems as though I have less pain getting up from a sitting position now. Therefore, I can sit and read longer, etc..
Yesterday I started making Oatmeal and Honey bread (see blog from November 24, 2011) and it was finished in time for lunch today.  I made a sandwich that Subway would envy; pastrami, provolone cheese, sauerkraut and 1000 island  dressing between two slices of fresh bread.




The dough had cracks in it and I wondered how the loaves would turn out.  They looked a little weird but tasted good.  I consider them, loaves with   a personality.











The crumb was denser than ideal and the amount of Oatmeal made the bread almost too moist.

Therefore,  I went back and modified the recipe by decreasing the two cups of Oatmeal to one and one-half cups.  The amount of bread flour was increased by one-half cup.

While I was at it some of the grammar mistakes were corrected. Thank God for spell-check.

À bientôt,
Mr Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment