Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mr Nut the Pizza Chef for the Aney's

Hello loyal follower(s)

    Yesterday was my chance to shine as a pizza chef and I was anxious to do a good job.  Of course it was necessary to start off with a one hour nap.  When I got up and went into the kitchen, I found my wife busily baking cookies and it was already three-thirty PM and the pizza guest were to arrive at six PM.  "When can I have the use of the kitchen?" I asked.  Cyndy, my wife and kitchen adversary said she would yield control before four PM.  And she did.  The first job was to sterilize the working surface where the pizza dough was to be rolled out (takes ten minutes).




The stage was set with all the ingredients and waiting for me to do my thing as Mr Nut.

The right of this picture was a large area of the countertop that was sterilized using a very strong and excellent cleaner that was recommended by Cook's Illustrated magazine, it is called Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner.  It is one of the few cleaners that kills Salmonella.  just spray it on and WAIT 10 Minutes to disinfect the service or 30 seconds to just sanitize the surface.

I disinfected the surface.












At Poppa John's pizza place they have a cute girl that comes in early to prepare the ingredients.  Unfortunately, here at Mr Nut's place there was only me for that chore.


Cyndy took this picture of me preparing the ingredients.





























Everything was going well until the disinfected part of the countertop was invaded by Cyndy who went back on her word and was back in MY kitchen making a salad.


Notice the bag  of carrots on the disinfected countertop, it was the same bag from the supermarket ( not sterile).

But she did make a great salad that could of been make on another countertop.

















Anyway I re-disinfected the countertop and things worked out and we had a great time with our Snowbird friends from Canada ( the Aney's).

OK! I did almost have a misadventure when I was going to pre-brown the crust. I almost put it into the oven  with  plastic food wrap still on the dough, but everyone   pointed it out to me just before it was to go into  the oven.  No picture of that error.

At the right was the first pizza ready for the heat.

 See blogs for April 11 and 23, 2011 for recipes.

À bientôt,

Mr Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment