Saturday, February 4, 2012

Best way to put pizza in the oven

Hello loyal follower(s)

    What a great day, while making the 33 % Whole Wheat Rustic Italian Bread on Wednesday February 1, 2012,  a "light bulb" went on in my head.  Why not use Parchment Paper  on a bakers peel to help the pizza side off the peel into the oven.  Therefore yesterday (our pizza night) I very successfully used parchment paper instead of flour and coarse corn meal to insert the pizza into the oven.   Thus, the residual of burnt corn meal and flour was eliminated and of course the stuff that ended up on the floor was also gone.  I tend to be messy in the kitchen.  I am always learning something new (to me).



The pizza dough has been oiled with olive oil and allowed to ferment for 30 minutes.  Notice the peel with parchment paper waiting in anticipation.

A eleven or twelve inch pizza is more than enough for two normal adults.









The dough was ready for the ride to the oven.  Caution, the parchment paper is very slippery and I almost lost everything onto the floor because I moved too fast. There seemed to be no friction between the paper and the peel.










The crust was being pre-baked.  It takes  about ten minutes.













It was so easy to slip the pizza in and out of the oven with the parchment paper.












I changed the base ingredients from tomato sauce and tomato paste to one can diced tomatoes (drained).   Cyndy and I both liked the change.   I continue using cauliflower as one of the toppings.



Today I am  developing my version of the recipe from the blog of February 1, 2012.

I will let you know how it turns out in the next blog.



À bientôt,

Mr Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment