Friday, October 12, 2012

Toll House Chocolate Cookies

Hello loyal follower(s)

Before I get to the cookies let me share with you my experience yesterday with the drivers licenses department (DMV) in Utah.  My eyes with their new lens are now 20/20 instead of 20/500 therefore I can remove the restriction requiring that I wear glasses whole driving.  No big deal right?  Guess again!  It takes one gallon of gas just to drive to the DMV office. I arrived filled out the required form and got my ticket to wait my turn.  "You need some more information before we can make the Change." said the bureaucrat.  He mentioned valid Passport,  Social Security card, certified birth certificate,  1099 form or Pay stub or Social Security 1099 with name and social security number.  So back home I went (another gallon of gas) certainly I have one of the above.  I grabbed my passport and just for the fun of it I brought my birth certificate. Another gallon of gas and I was back to the DMV office only to be told it was AND not OR of what I needed.  So another gallon of gas just to get home, I was livid.  So here it is Friday night and I am sitting at Mc Donald's writing this blog, still with glasses restriction on my drivers license.   WHY DID I BRING THIS UP YOU MIGHT ASK??? Think of all the poor and/old people  trying to fight the bureaucrats to just get a card to VOTE.  Can you imagine how easy it will be to keep them running back and forth until they give up??

Now back to the  cookies,  I started with the recipe on the chocolate chip package, and of course made several changes:  I am proud with how well then came out.


Here I am with part of the ingredients and of course my heavy duty mixer.












It was time to mix the dry mix into the wet mix, and with the heavy duty mixer, it was possible to mix in the nuts and the chocolate chips.




















Cookies at about five minutes of baking













Using a tablespoon i just dropped globs of dough onto the parchment paper.












Here are  the finish cookies in various stages of cooling.  It took a little over an hour to make this recipe (about same time it takes Cyndy to do it)




Recipe follows, and I will get my license changed next monday.

À bientôt
Mr Nut

Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

Based on Original Toll House Cookies

2 1/4 cups (315 g) All Purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (two sticks) softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cups (6 ounces) Toll House semi-sweet Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Gather all the ingredients and preheat oven 375℉

1.  In mixer bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 teaspoon soda, and 1 teaspoon salt and mix with the Chef's Whisk at speed 1.
2.  Move the dry mix to another bowl.
3. In mixer bowl using the Paddle Blade at speed 2, beat butter, 3/4 cups sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar,and 1 teaspoon vanilla until creamy.
4. Add 2 eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
6. Add in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup nuts.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet 
8.  Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes. 
Move them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 4 1/2  dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr Nut,
    Yes, the DMV here in HI sucks as well. Hours of waiting in line only to find out you are missing something when you get to the front. The employees there are just as much a victim of the system. By now they hate their jobs too because everyone hates them.

    I was surprised to see you making cookies. Isn't that a prob for your diabetes?

    If you are going to make chocolate chip cookies, I recommend this recipe:

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html

    Aloha,
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete