Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reorganizing Blog records and recipes

Hello loyal follower(s),

Here I am at Mc Donald's in St George, Utah an it is 8 PM.  I am blogging here while Cyndy is performing a  Mozart  concert with the symphony.

Anyway, my project for today  was to reorganize my paper version of my blog.  In the blog on line all you had to do was type in the name of the item in the spot at the top of the page, and the computer gremlins take you right to the correct entry. It was not that easy in three hole notebooks.  I separated the recipes from the blogs. That means two notebooks.
      Now I will not separate the recipes from the blogs unless I consider it an exceptional recipe.   By using the "Excel"  like spreadsheet from Apple I  created an index that will automatically sort the chosen recipes by type and then alphabetically  within the type group.  Therefore, recipes that I make that do not rate as exceptional will not be moved to the Favorite Recipe folder.  I took some time to learn how to sort by two different columns in the "Excel" program.

     I plan on making a Rueben Casserole tomorrow, and to get ready I  baked a Artisan style Rye Bread last Sunday to provide the proper bread crumbs.  Today I attempted to make bread crumbs from the Rye bread for the Rueben Casserole.  I started by cutting two slices of Rye bread into one inch squares, thinking that when they dried, the food processor would make the crumbs. NO SUCH LUCK!  I had to cut the pieces into less than one half inch squares before the processor would finish the job.  Now they are resting on the kitchen counter waiting for the great chef (me).  The Rueben Casserole recipe was given to me by our friend Ruth Sarrica, she really liked it, so I can hardly wait until tomorrow.

À bientôt,
Mr Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment